I realized today that my mouth didn't hurt and I am so grateful for my dentist. His name is Bruce Murdock and he's in American Fork. I accidentally scheduled an appointment with him, thinking he was my neighbor's dentist in 1990. For the years we lived in Bountiful we went to someone else but I liked Dr Murdock so much that I looked him up again in 1996 when we moved back to Utah County.
As he works on you he says things like, "This is looking good", "Wow, this is going so smoothly", and "You let me know if you feel anything because I want you comfortable". Two weeks ago I started with an awful toothache, it came on quickly and within a couple of days I could hardly sleep. Just to be whiny I'm going to add that my entire jaw throbbed and a big sore lump developed in my cheek. I called his office and they had the day off, the next day they couldn't get me in and told me to call the next day. A couple of hours later the office staff called and said they'd mentioned to Dr. Murdock that I was really hurting so he wanted them to call in prescriptions for pain and an antibiotic for me. I was amazed. I have never dealt with a doctor that thought about you unless you were in front of them. I was able to get in the next day and have the work done.
It took a while to heal and for the antibiotics to work but after 2 weeks of hurting, I am jaw-pain free. I feel so grateful to my dentist and it feels so good to feel good. As much as pain and hard times are just, well... hard. It does make me appreciate the easier good times.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a nice guy! That is quite a recommendation for him too that you would drive all the way to American Fork for his services. What was wrong?
Post a Comment