I am grateful for the seminary program. Camille brought home a test that she had done for her seminary class this week and let me see it. I was so impressed by the nature of the test and also by Camille's answers. A significant part of the test was relooking up scriptures they had studied in class and asking what it meant and especially what it meant as it applied to them. The teacher had made happy positive comments about her answers on the test and had also stuck a sticky note on the front expressing his gratitude for her and her example to others and her participation in class. I was especially proud of Camille when I read that she had made the 30 day club (read her scriptures for 30 days straight) for 3 months.
I feel so grateful that my children have had this opportunity. It comes at a time in their teenage years when they haven't wanted to hear my suggestions anymore and I am grateful to have other adults encouraging and teaching them. All three of my girls started a daily scripture reading habit in 9th grade because it was an assignment in seminary and the older two were able to continue on because it was a habit and hopefully because they had a testimony of its importance. I wish I had been able to be as consistant at such a young age.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I agree. When I went to visit Alyssa's seminary class I teared up at this wonderful opportunity they have. These kids have such great resources to help them form a solid base on their testimonies.
I think of the analogy of a building that you work so hard to help your kids set the cornerstones and then one day, with the foundation in place, the building just shoots up and becomes a magnificent structure. What a great blessing to watch these kids grow so fast and strong.
Post a Comment