It has been a fun and busy few weeks. Staci was able to come home on Halloween weekend. I was sick, sick. (Hopefully it was the swine flu so I have it over with.) Staci jumped in and cooked as per usual and made us yummy food like eggrolls. Another nice thing she did was she took Tricia and Krysta to a trunk-or-treat. I'm not sure her motives were completely altruistic though because she came home with a nice stash of candy for herself.
At the Jr high, Krysta and some of her friends have gotten involved in the Jr Honor Society. Somehow Krysta got roped into singing at the induction ceremony. She has really liked her choir class this year but it wasn't until recently we realized that she likes to sing. Apparently, according to her, some of the rest of us Broadway belters in the family are just so loud that we have just never heard her. So...for a month she has been deciding with her friend Joelyn (a pianist) what to sing and practicing the song. The big night rolled around and she walked up to the stage and sang a duet (with a boy!) just like it was something she did all the time. She sounded so good and she and the boy (a boy) blended so nicely.
Camille has been anticipating her Birthday for months and reminding us often of the day count. She wanted it to be a big deal going out to dinner and having a party for her friends. Several weeks before her birthday her good friend Renae asked me at church if she could have a surprise party for Camille. Camille's birthday was on a Thursday and the party would be on Saturday night. I felt like such a shmuck(is that a word?, is it a bad word?) explaining to Camille that with Krysta's big mystery party (the week before) and helping put together a Daddy/Daughter Activity Days Italian Dinner that weekend I just wasn't able to even think about a friend party until the next week--wasn't that sneaky. On her birthday the family went to a sushi restaurant. She enjoyed that and then on Saturday I dropped her off at Renae's to "watch a movie or something". She was completely surprised when she got there and her other friends were there too.
I am now 3/4th done with my humanities class. With a Jan12th deadline looming I can't putter like I have been. I'm currently reading Dante's Divine Comedy and then writing a paper comparing it to the philosophy of Aristole. A daunting task. Daunting Dante. Hah!

2 comments:
After you finish your class I would love a nice long conversation about all you have learned. :)
Hah! I remember that saturday! Maybe I'm just gullible, but I truly thought you were too busy, and I had no clue whatsoever about Ranae's suprise party. But of course, that was the point, right?
Post a Comment