Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A little bit of this..explained

Someone asked me what my blog name was all about. As I brainstormed I had the idea of using something from a musical. My first thought was, (from the musical Annie) Little Girls. Here are some of the lyrics:

Little girls Little girls
Everywhere I turn I can see them
Little girls Little girls
Night and day I eat, sleep and breathe them...
Some women are dripping with diamonds
Some women are dripping with pearls
Lucky me! Lucky me! Look at what I'm dripping with Little girls!...

On second thought maybe some of that isn't too bad, hum..
Actually I felt it described my life of a few years ago better so I opted to use a line from the song "Anatevka ", from Fiddler on the Roof. I love musicals and this is a favorite. The obvious tie-in is "I have 5 daughters!!". I also love that religion is second nature to Tevya's. I love his relationship with God and how he views Him as a friend and discusses things with Him regularly. I love his tenderness about his daughters and his great desire for their happiness even when it causes him discomfort when it isn't following tradition.

So much of my life is about facilitating my daughter's lives. They bring a huge amount of joy to me. My religion is also a big part of who I am and like Tevya, through the ups and downs of life I need a spiritual connection.
I also don't know exactly what my blog will evolve in to. So for now I like the randomness of... a little bit of this, a little bit of that.



3 comments:

Valerie Chandler said...

I LOVE the name.

...and your reasons, too.

Dad Lewis said...

Very thoughtful. I like the spirit of your blogs.

Emilie said...

That is so nice, Ang. I like your blog too. :)