Thursday, September 4, 2008

I know I'm the target market but...

I can't help liking Sarah Palin. I think she's smart and strong and I like her style. I like that she is 44 and doesn't dress like a 20 year old. She feels real. I like that she began with the PTA and moved along from there. I heard a talk radio personality say today that the democratics have tried to define who the women are in the country with people like Hilary Clinton and Sarah Palin scares them because so many women identify with her instead. Maybe it's a cleverly crafted plot but if so I have fallen for it. I have never had more than a passing interest in politics but last night I listened to her whole speech. I laughed at the jokes and cried when she talked about being a friend in Washington to those with special needs children. The silliest thing though is that Tuesday when I went to get my hair cut I asked my neice to show me how to do my hair like Sarah's. I reserve the right to change my mind on the subject but for now try not to laugh at me if next time you see me I'm wearing glasses and have my hair in an up-do.

4 comments:

kimberly said...

I think you should try the hair and take a picture to add to this blog. :)

Valerie Chandler said...

OK, I've not blogged on the subject beacause I have been a little embarrassed at my new found energy with a campaign that is totally boring. Sarah is darling. I, too, watched the speech and thought that the WHOLE package was so good. Did Dad call you? He picked up the telephone at 11pm to talk about the speech. It got him all energized, too. Appearantly her appeal is broader than our age group. Did you see the old man delegate with the pin, "Hoosiers for the Hot Chick"?

Emilie said...

I thought she was great too. Her speech delivery was so powerful, and I loved her jacket. :) If you figure out her hair, let me know.

Dad Lewis said...

Yes, I was impressed and excited, too. I think that I can finally support McCain. In fact, I sent $100 to their campaign.