I took Tricia to get a flu shot this morning.
The doctor's office said to come at 8am.
We rushed the 25 minutes to Bountiful and learned that--nope, they were out (shoot).
After 2 healthy winters with shots I was determined not to have her go shotless this year, I persevered...
IHC has been out for a while.
Smiths and Walgreens were by appointment only and you to be over 13.
Davis Health Dept--not open on Thursdays.
Weber Health Dept--open but had a limited supply.
Shooting 40 minutes back across the valley we headed to downtown Ogden.
Inside a crowd was gathering--I didn't bother with the scooter, just grabbed Tricia and headed in.
A nice lady coming in at the same time held the door for us.
Inside I learned they indeed still had vaccinations so grabbed forms and asked about costs.
As we filled out the paperwork the nice door lady approached.
Her: "Let me help you".
Me (feeling in control of the situation, so confused): "In what way?"
Her (feeling in her wallet): "Let me pay for your shots".
Me (flustered): "Oh that is so sweet,thank-you, but we are all right, really".
A few minutes later Tricia got her shot (what a tough cookie, she didn't even flinch), a turquoise bandaid that matched her shirt and her double whiff of M1N1.
I'm wondering just a few last things from the day.
-Do you think the McDonald's sausage biscuit that I bought Tricia counted for "you owe me big"?
-What was it about us that prompted sympathy from the door lady? I'm feeling slightly self-conscience. Is there something about us that says, "desperate", "poverty stricken"? My flat hair? My worn purse? Maybe I need some new shoes. New shoes would say money in the bank, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Could just be the lady wanted to follow President Monson's advice and serve someone. Trish was so cute that the lady thought maybe it could be her.
Good job getting that taken care of!
I agree with Kim, because even with flat hair you are very cute.
In fact, I am so touched by the sweetness. That was really hard for her, I bet.
And the sausage biscuit? Maybe for a little girl who's mother is an angel, but my "big" has matured into bigger than that. :)
Post a Comment