I heard today that Flying J filed for chapter 11. (What a mean thing to do so close to Christmas!) I felt a whoosh of gratitude pass through me (that Bruce no longer worked there). In September when they let Bruce go I felt over and over again that we were going to look back and feel like it was a good thing and that they had really done us a favor. It was a worrisome time, the stock market kept falling, the economy looked worse every day. He had 6-8 opportunities that were looking good when the company he is working for made him an offer. It would have been nice at the time to be able to wait a week or so and see if some of the other opportunities came through but we both felt good about it so he accepted. Within a couple of days Bruce found that because of the economy most of the other companies that were hiring had retracted the opening. We were so grateful that he had accepted the initial offer. Again today I feel so thankful to be able to look back and see the promise of "all things shall work together for your good" fulfilled in our lives.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow. Wow.
I am glad you have already moved on and don't have to deal with this now.
Amazing -
Post a Comment